Beecroft FC Mixed and Boy teams play in the Gladesville Hornsby Football Association (GHFA) Competition. We have teams for boys and girls who turn 9 – 18 in the current calendar year.
NOTE: There is a separate ‘girls only’ competition run by North West Sydney Women’s football (NWSWF) which Beecroft FC also enter teams. Girls may choose to play in mixed and/or girls only teams.
Juniors are aged 9 to 11 years:
- The game is played on half size fields and 9-a-side teams
- Competition is introduced with teams playing 14 games for a ‘Premiership’ and then the top 4 teams play off for the ‘Championship’ (Grand Final winner). The bottom 4 teams play off for a Pennant.
- Off side is also introduced and most games are supplied a qualified referee.
- Kids will be introduced to positional play within teams. Kids enjoy this next level with the introduction of playing in a competition.
Youth play from ages 12 to 18 years:
- The game is played on full sized fields and 11-a-side. The length of the game and ball size change progressively as the teams get older.
- Competition typically consists of teams playing 14 games for a ‘Premiership’ and then the top 4 teams play off for the ‘Championship’ (Grand Final winner). The bottom 4 teams play off for a Pennant.
- Most games are supplied a qualified referee.
- Teams are ranked or graded before the start of each season to ensure games are played between similarly skilled teams.
- Games are played on Saturday mornings with unlimited interchange.
- During season, training is typically one night/week organised by the team coach.
For more information
We welcome interest from potential new players of any skill level and will do our best to find a home for you amongst the ‘mighty Wombats’.
Any questions? Please contact the following coordinators:
- Juniors (U9-U11) at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Youth (U12-U18) at email@example.com